Job Status: Full-time, Ongoing
Salary: Base salary of $76,987 per annum, plus 10.5% superannuation contributions
Item Number: SOH1946
Application Close: Thursday 25th August 2022, 11:59pm
Role Enquiries: [email protected]
Technical Inquiries: The Jobs NSW Helpdesk is 1800 562 679
An organization where diversity of thought & experience is valued, supported & respected.
At the Sydney Opera House you will be surrounded by supportive and hardworking teams who are filled with passion and creativity. You will be inspired to create value in everything you do and will be provided with opportunities to grow and achieve while making a positive contribution to our community. Our vision for diversity, inclusion and belonging (DI&B) is that the Sydney Opera House – who we are and everything we do – reflects and respects the diversity of the community. Our 2021-23 DI&B Strategy sets out the changes we are driving in the lead up to our 50th anniversary in 2023. These commitments work hand in hand with the commitments in our longstanding Reconciliation, Accessibility and Environmental Action Plans.
We welcome and encourage applications from First Nations people, recognizing the value, unique skills and knowledge that First Nations employees bring to the workplace. We encourage applications from people of all genders, as well as people from one or more of these underrepresented groups/communities, including but not limited to d/Deaf and Disabled people/people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people who identify as LGBTIQ+.
We recognize that everyone is unique, and that you might require some adjustments to ensure you have the best opportunity to apply and put your skills forward for consideration. If we can make some adjustments to the SOH recruitment/interview process to better enable you to shine, then please email us at [email protected] or call us on 02 9250 7743 and let us know. Adjustments may include but are not limited to; alternate application methods, interview setup, physical requirements, interpreters or other access supports or specific interview availability times and more.
For more information about the Sydney Opera House please refer to our website.
YOUR NEW ROLE
The Mid-weight Creative: Content is a storyteller and ideas person who has experience in creating engaging content for online channels. They are responsible for creating engaging video and written content, from concept to delivery, that aligns with key strategies and brief objectives. The role also supports copywriting for major campaigns and collaborates on major campaign concepts.
The role is part of SOH’s Creative Studio team. Creative Studio exists to champion and deliver engaging creative communications and to present a unique and unified Sydney Opera House brand.
Further detailed information about the role and its requirements can be obtained from the role description.
ARE YOU THE ONE?
We are looking for someone with:
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in agency or marketing role developing creative content
- Portfolio of content work samples demonstrating strong conceptual, craft and written skills
- Strong storyteller capable of creating compelling narratives for a variety of channels
- Excellent written skills, including short/long form copy, editing and proof-reading
- Strong understanding of channels and content best practices
- Ability to deliver multiple projects simultaneously in a calm and confident manner
BENEFITS & CULTURE
Being Australia’s premier cultural institution, tourism destination & a celebrated community meeting place, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and dynamic working environment for all our staff. With values of Safety, Creativity, Excellence, Collaboration & Accountability your professional life is provided with every opportunity to succeed and develop in your chosen profession. Working with the Sydney Opera House gives you access to a great range of benefits including:
- Flexible working arrangements
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Access to a range of internal and external professional development programs and staff engagement initiatives
- Staff community groups like SOH Pride, First Nations Staff Network, Sustainable Environmental Action Leaders (aka ‘SEALs’) and more.
- Fitness Passport & complimentary wellbeing programs including pilates, yoga, circuit classes, physiotherapy sessions as well as other wellbeing initiatives
- Working for an organization with a 5 Star Green Star Performance Rating from the Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA)
- Working for an organization that has committed to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
- And many more!
SOUND LIKE YOU? APPLY!
Applicants are asked to include the following documents with their applications
- Up to date resume of no more than three pages
- Address their suitability in a cover letter of no more than one page
- A Portfolio of work examples included either as a PDF of no more than 10mb or a hyperlink included in the cover letter
In addition, applicants will be prompted to answer the following two targeted questions in the online application platform.
- Describe the most successful social campaign you have worked on, including your role, brief, approach and results.
- Give an example of a brand that you think makes great social content and explain why.
Applicants are required to create a profile and submit their application electronically for this position at https://iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/. Only applicants who apply online and include the requested documentation will be considered for this position, unless otherwise discussed.
The successful candidate will be required to comply with the Sydney Opera House Trust’s COVID-19 policies relating to safety and vaccination. Our current policy requires all employees to be double vaccinated.
To be eligible to apply for this position, applicants must have existing Australian work rights. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory National Police Check and Pre-Employment Health Assessment. The assessment seeks information only relevant to performing the inherent requirements of the job, it remains strictly confidential and applicants will be informed of the result.
Applications will not be accepted from recruitment agencies.