At least 25 jobs are being created in a regional publisher’s bid to attract more readers aged 25 to 34.
Reach plc has launched a recruitment drive ahead of the launch of the project, which will involve the creation of a new brand aimed at giving 25 to 34-year-olds “more of what the news, sport, information and entertainment they are seeking” .
The roles for the new, as yet unnamed brand will be home-based, but the project will also see new jobs created at Reach’s existing brands in Birmingham, Bristol, Liverpool, London and Manchester.
Available positions include launch editor, creative lead, sports content creator and user generated content curator. Multiple content editors, video editors, video producers, engagement producers and content creators are also being sought.
In a job advertisement for the new brand’s launch editor, Reach said: “Do you look at the news and think it’s not quite for you? Do you find your answers about the day’s biggest topics left unanswered? Or that the stories you care about aren’t being covered at all?
“That’s why we’re looking for a launch editor to help us launch a new title, aiming to give 25 to 34-year-olds more of what the news, sport, information and entertainment they are seeking, later this year.
“We already reach more under 35s than any other commercial publisher, with 11m a month reading at least one of our titles, ranging from mirror.co.uk through to our market-leading regional news titles such as Manchester Evening News, Chronicle Live and Belfast Live.
“As launch editor of the new brand’s live news operations, you’ll be part of a senior leadership team which includes our social media director and our editor (topics) who will be building out a team to focus on specialist subjects.
“You’ll also work with regional editors to help shape new ways of telling local and regional news stories to the target audience in key cities.”
HTFP has approached Reach for more information about the scheme.
The current breakdown of jobs, and where they will be based, is as follows:
- A home-based launch editor, creative lead, content editor, video editor, video producer, content creator, sports content creator and user generated content curator for the new brand.
- A social media editor and a video producer for Birmingham Live.
- An audience editor, video producer, engagement producer and a content creator for Bristol Live.
- A content creator, social media editor and video producer at the Liverpool Echo.
- A content creator, social media editor, video producer and a social media designer at MyLondon.
- A content creator, social media editor and video producer at the Manchester Evening News.
- A social media creative lead at Reach’s national titles.